Creating a Simple Form
To create a simple form, follow these steps:
- Create a form.
- Add a handler.
- Create a layout.
- Create a form configuration.
- Pick the form configuration.
- Render the form.
- Style the form.
Here are those steps, explained in detail:
- Create a form, adding any fields that are necessary (don’t forget to add at least one button field).
- Add a handler so you get an email when the form is submitted. Be sure you have configured SMTP in your web.config (instructions here).
- Create a layout, picking the form you just created.
- Create a form configuration, picking a template and the layout you just created.
- Pick the form configuration by following these steps:
- Create a form picker data type in the developer section.
- Add a form picker property to one of your document types in the settings section.
- Pick your form from the content node.
- Render your picked form in the CSHTML file for your page. See here for instructions on doing that.
- Style your form to match the design of your site. Here is an example of an actual styled Formulate form: