What is Formulate?
In short, Formulate allows non-technical users to design forms in Umbraco. That dynamically built form (e.g., a contact form) can then be displayed on the website. It’s a free, open source form builder.
Here are some of Formulate’s capabilities and features:
- Construct forms by adding any number of fields.
- Send emails on form submission. You can also create custom handlers to perform any action on form submissions.
- Everything is aliased, making it easy for web developers to customize functionality. Think of an alias as a way to programmatically refer to something (e.g., a form field).
- Reusable validations mean you don’t have to enter the same old email regular expression over and over again.
- Folders for everything (forms, validations, data values, and so on) help keep you organized.
- Customize form templates to display forms in any way you can imagine.
- Extensible to support a virtually infinite variety of forms.
- AJAX postbacks are the default in Formulate (i.e., no full page reloads on form submissions).
- Super solid code makes it easy for web developers to work with. It’s written in C#, ASP.NET MVC, and AngularJS.